Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School.

Today was Wade's first day of school. I was so excited for him. I got everything ready last night. I made a list of everything I needed to put in his bag and his lunch box. I put labels on everything. I even had iron on labels made for his clothes. ha! I couldn't go to sleep last night. I was up until midnight writing thank you notes. Then when I got in bed I tossed and turned and dreamed about making Wade's lunch. So this morning I got all dressed and ready before Wade woke up (I am so lucky that my little man sleeps until at least 8:00 a.m. every morning). I made his lunch, packed his bag and made him breakfast. When he woke up I told him that today was the first day of school. He smiled so big. I think he could pick up on my excitement because he actually seemed excited too. We got to school about 20 minutes early. We sat in the car for a little bit then waited in the hall with the other moms and kids. I packed his cubby and saw the other moms handing off their kids to the teacher. I sat in the back for a minute or two then said here we go. As I picked Wade up off the floor to give him a kiss and say goodbye, I could feel my chin start to quiver and my eyes fill up with tears. It took everything I had not to just sob right there. So I handed him off to his teacher and walked away with tears in my eyes. Luckily I ran into a friend near the door who had just dropped off her 2 and a half year old daughter. She was not crying but said her little girl did. So we talked for a minute (I stopped crying) and I got in my car and drove away. I went strait to Dr. Carey's office where the girls there are pretty much my family down here in Houston, so it was good to see them. I also had to pick up some teeth whitener. I had Dr. Carey check out one of my teeth because I had lost a sealant and it had been making me paranoid. So my first day off, I was in the dentist's chair getting a tooth worked on, haha. (no shots though, yay!) I did get a pedicure afterwards which was very nice. Here are a couple of pictures from today. One of him at home all ready for school and the other in front of his cubby at school, right before I handed him over. Lets hope next time will go as well if not better.




3 comments:

Jennjilla said...

I'm glad he had a great 1st day of school! It's gonna be ok, momma... :)

Mary Glenn said...

Wow, I can't believe little Wade is off to school! And I absolutely love that you dreamed about making his lunch!

melanie said...

rachelle - so glad you found me! i added your blog to my list so i can keep up with you now. wade is way too cute! and i can't get over his beautiful eyes! glad school went well for him. avery starts back tomorrow!