Monday, September 29, 2008

Playtime at the Thompson's

Lots has been going on lately. It seemed to be hard to get back into the swing of things after the hurricane blew through. There are still trees down, fences down, and debris all over the place. I still can't believe how lucky we were.


Wade has been going to school two days a week for 2 weeks strait now. His first 2 weeks (before Ike) was really tough on him and must have been tough on his teacher because she asked me to bring his lovey to school to help him adjust. I any of you know Clay, he is the guy who said "I don't want my son dragging around a blanket !" Well our son is the kid dragging around a blanket on the playground at school, hahaha. I think it is so funny. According to the teacher it is really helping him.


I thought I would share a few photos of our new addition to our "playroom". Wade's first day of school, I went shopping at Big Lots. Sounds kid of crazy that I picked Big Lots to shop at but I thought I am kid free and I have never been there so I randomly dropped in. I found a small slide there for $30. I couldn't believe it. Thirty bucks??? I have shoes that cost more than that. Why not? I could give the thing away if he didn't like it, and only be out $30. I think it is a little big for Wade right now but my niece, Avery, has been here for the last week and a half and she is having a blast on it.

1 comment:

M said...

Funny. Nate and I just went to Big Lots for our first time a couple weeks ago. It's kind of like the dollar store. I fully intend on going back to buy Christmas decorations for cheap! I think we'll have room for his 10-foot tree this year, but it needs decorations. I love the pictures. Keep 'em coming!