Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer time!!!

We are ready for summer down here in Houston!! We have been having fun in the sun (and in the a/c as much as possible). We try to hit the splash pad at least once a month, and Wade LOVES to play with ice on the back porch. We do this almost everyday. Wade is really trying to talk these days too. He has some words down and some words only I can understand (we call his language Wadeish). The other day he was looking at his book and turning the pages saying "happ-y, happ-y, happ-y". It was so cute!


We are in full fledged discipline mode here. Wade is approaching the terrible two's and I am trying to lay down the law early and let him know that he can't get away with murder and cannot have whatever he wants. So far so good! He does have to sit in time out two to three times a week but I can see that he knows I mean business when I say NO! We'll see what the future holds. I'm trying to stick to my guns.

I am also trying to keep up the running as best I can. I took a month off after the half marathon and pretty much lost all of my endurance. I am still fighting these darned shin splints. I'm in a running club and we just ran a 5k. I finished, it wasn't pretty, but I finished. Clay decided to run this one with me and he did great! I can't wait for the day when Wade can run those 1 mile kid fun runs with us.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't believe he's 2 already! That's crazy. you look great - way to keep up the running. Hopefully Clay will be home for a while longer now.
Braden just said momma and daddy this past sunday (he said mom first!!!). he's not quite 7 months and it's SO much fun. Can't wait until it warms up to take him to the pool.

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

Rachelle-

I am so glad you commented on my blog and let me know who you are! I think I remember you and Wade is just such a cutie- how could I forget:) I think Kyler and him would have a blast!! We should definitely get together. And I would love to add you to my blog list! Thanks for saying "Hi"!! Email me at jakbuchanan@yahoo.com and we should plan something for next week! Now that summer is here we are all about hitting the splashpads and pools and I love meeting other SAH moms to hang with:) I can give you my phone number through email too! Thanks!