Thursday, October 30, 2008

Stay at home moms.

"What do you do all day?" "Don't you get bored?"
I get asked these questions all the time. Well, Wade and I do lots of stuff (and now I get to do stuff alone when Wade is at school, whewho). Today for instance we had our weekly playgroup, which was a fun Halloween party where the kiddos dressed up. It was so much fun to see all the kids in their costumes.

I feel so fortunate to be able to stay at home with Wade. We do get bored sometimes and I do miss work, A LOT!, but it will all be worth it. I sometimes get jealous of my friends with jobs who get to go out in the real world, wear real clothes, and have real adult conversations (not talking about the kids, birth, or breastfeeding). But just like they are confident in their decision to go to work I try to be confident in my decision to stay home.

Anyway here are a few fun pictures from today.


Oh and a few of the cookies I made for the party.


6 comments:

M said...

OMG too cute! like biker dude... I love Halloween! i can't wait to see all the little tykes in the neighborhood tonight when we're handing out candy. i'd rather be delivering a baby, but that's not happening. more contractions but nothing major enough to send me to the doc. so, i wait. and good for you for staying at home. if i had the option, i totally would too...you never get those years back.

Mary Glenn said...

Wade is so cute in his Harley outfit! And your cookies look so professional...wish I'd been there to eat one! :)

Francie said...

I am so impressed with your cookies! It looks like you all had lots of fun. =0)

melanie said...

i truly admire you for staying home. i pray often that i will get to do that too soon. i don't think you will ever regret having this time at home with Wade! he is such a cute little biker!

Jennjilla said...

I hope I don't ever make you feel bad for the choice you and Clay have made for your family!! Trust me, if I could be a SAH momma like you are, I would! Well...uhh..I think I would. Hell, I dunno! The grass is always greener, right? Working and doing well in your job is always great, but it's always a slap in the face when you have someone tell you what your kids' been up too since you weren't around...so, Wade is pretty lucky to have such an awesome mommy!!

On another note, I love your cookies and want to eat some right now! They looked YUMMY!

Jenny said...

Rachelle,
I saw your blog on Francie's and took a peek. What a nice family you have and a beautiful little boy. Congratulations! It's been years since I've seen you. I am glad you are so happy. Love, Francie's Mom